What Is A Dental Crown?
Essentially a crown is a cover or “cap” that we can put on your tooth. When a tooth gets badly damaged and cannot be repaired by a filling or treated for a root canal, a natural-looking crown can be put in its place to restore the surface of the tooth to a natural look and repair functionality. The crown restores the tooth to its normal shape, size and function. The purpose of the dental crown is to make the tooth stronger or improve the way it looks. It is also a practical and long-lasting solution.
Why Do I Need A Dental Crown?
You may need a crown if you:
- Have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- Have a missing tooth and need a bridge
- Need to cover a dental implant
- Have a tooth that is cracked, worn down or otherwise weakened
- Have had root canal treatment - the crown will protect the restored tooth
- Want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile
If you have any questions as to whether you are a good candidate for a dental crown, Dr. Lee, along with our friendly team can help give you the information and advice you need.